The 20th Biennale of Sydney catalogue provides an in-depth overview of the themes, ideas and concerns informing the exhibition.
The various ’embassies of thought’ are presented in seven distinctive sections containing:
- Introductions by Artistic Director, Stephanie Rosenthal to each of the seven embassies
- Roundtable conversations featuring participating artists and Biennale attachés
- Texts by participating artists Richard Bell, Heman Chong, Helen Marten, Ming Wong and Cecile B. Evans
- Newly commissioned texts from Biennale attachés including; Sam Bardaouil and Till Fellrath, Hicham Khalidi, André Lepecki, Marcus Meissen, and Aveek Sen
- Commissioned artist interventions from Falke Pisano
- A compendium of excerpts of key texts informing the exhibition, including writings by Rosemary Arroj, Alain Badiou, Stephanie Bailey, Walter Benjamin, Franco Berardi, Edouard Glissant, Michel Foucault, Henri Lefebvre, Rebecca Schneider, Hito Steyerl, Michael Taussig, Jenna Wortham and Slavoj Žižek