Please note: this is an archival site – this service is no longer available. Please visit 20bos.com for all information regarding the 2016 exhibition and travel options.
Online bookings for the Biennale Ferry are recommended. The return fare is $7; children under 16 travel for free, but a valid ticket is still required.
Don’t forget to check the FAQs for more information about the #BOSferry.
Travelling at the last minute?
Visit our Biennale Information Hub at Wharf 6, Circular Quay for same-day cash or credit card sales.
Or, you can travel to Cockatoo Island via regular Harbour City Ferries services or by water taxi. For more information, visit our Transport page.
Booking for a school group?
Free travel on the Biennale Ferry is available for booked school groups. To register your interest in a group visit to Cockatoo Island, complete the booking request form.
Need help with your booking?
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE BIENNALE FERRY
- The Biennale Ferry travels directly to Cockatoo Island, departing from Wharf 6, Circular Quay.
- The return fare is $7 per passenger; one-way fares are not available.
- Children under 16 travel for free, but a valid ticket is still required.
- Capacity is strictly limited; book early to ensure your preferred departure time.
- Tickets are issued as ‘open-return’ tickets, without a specified departure time from Cockatoo Island. To update to a ‘booked-return’ ticket, with a specific departure time from Cockatoo Island, select from the options available following the payment process. Alternatively, you can select a departure time at a later date by using the link provided in your ticket confirmation.
- Tickets cannot be purchased for separate days in one transaction.
- Travel dates can be changed up to 4 pm prior to the day of travel. To change the date of travel, please refer to instructions on your ticket confirmation.
- Wheelchair accessible services are noted on the booking page.
- The Biennale Ferry is unable to accommodate bicycles on-board. Bicycles can be secured at various locations in Circular Quay and the Rocks.
- The following items are not permitted on Cockatoo Island: alcohol, animals (except guide dogs), fishing equipment, portable BBQs and skateboards.
- Cockatoo Island is a former industrial site. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Visitors are requested to wear appropriate enclosed footwear and comply with all signage on the island.
ON THE DAY OF TRAVEL
- Bring your ticket with you, either on your phone or as a printed ticket.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your booked departure time to allow for boarding.
TICKETING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All ticket prices are listed in Australian dollars and are inclusive of booking fees and GST.
- All sales are final. Tickets may not be refunded or exchanged after purchase.
- Ferry timetables are correct at time of publishing but are subject to change. Please check the Biennale of Sydney website prior to your visit to check for any updates on ferry timetables or the program.
- Should a ferry be unexpectedly cancelled and ferry tickets made invalid, the Biennale of Sydney shall make every attempt to accommodate a change of date and/or time for affected customers.
- During peak periods, the Biennale Ferry may be delayed while we allow passengers to board and disembark safely. Delays may also be caused by wharf congestion in Circular Quay. Refunds will not be issued for delayed services.
Need help with your booking?